Effective Date: May 25th, 2018
AlertSec Inc. respects the privacy of its users and is fully committed to protect their personal information and use it properly. This policy describes how we may collect and use personal information and the rights and choices available to our visitors and users regarding such information.
1. Your Consent
Please note: you are not obligated by law to provide us with any information. You hereby acknowledge, warrant and agree that any information that you do provide us is provided of your own free will and consent, for the purposes and uses described herein.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information regarding our Visitors and Users:
1. Un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a Visitor or un-identified User, which may be made available to us, or collected automatically via his/her use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). Such Non-personal Information does not enable us to identify the Visitor or User from whom it was collected. The Non-personal Information collected by us mainly consists of technical and aggregated usage information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, the computer name, operating system, internet browser, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
2. Individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable efforts cause the identification of an individual, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information collected by us mainly consists of contact details (e.g., e-mail address or phone number), billing details (name, physical billing address, payment method and transaction details), Personal authentication questions, computer name, details regarding a browsing or usage session (IP address, Geo-location and/or device unique identifier), correspondences (including those made through or uploaded to our Services), and any other Personal Information provided to us by Visitors and/or Users through their access to and/or use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information that is connected or linked to Personal Information (for example, in order to improve the Services we offer) is deemed and treated by us as Personal Information, as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How Do We Collect Such Information?
There are two main methods that we use:
1. We collect information through your use of the Services. In other words, when you are visiting or using our Services, including when you browse the Website or your Web Account, register a User Account, upload information, and/or download and use any of AlertSec Apps and/or Mobile Apps we are aware of that may gather, collect and record such uses, sessions and related information, either independently or with the help of third-party services as detailed in Section 6 below, including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, as further detailed in Section 7 below.
2. We collect information which you provide to us voluntarily. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide us when you register for our Services; when you place purchases; when you submit or upload such Personal Information as you use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly. If you provide us with Personal Information, other than your own, we will treat that information as yours, and assume that you have attained the authorisation to upload the information on behalf of the user.
4. Why Do We Collect Such Information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. To provide and operate the Services;
2. To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
3. To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages (as further detailed in Section 8 below);
4. To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we may use to provide and improve our service;
5. To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
6. To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. Where Do We Store Your Information?
AlertSec Inc. Visitors’ and Users’ Personal Information may be maintained, processed and stored by AlertSec Inc. and our authorized affiliates and service providers in the United States of America and in other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law (as further explained below).
AlertSec Inc. is based in USA.
AlertSec Inc. affiliates and service providers that store or process your Personal Information on AlertSec Inc. ’s behalf are each committed to keep it protected and secured, in accordance with industry standards and regardless of any lesser legal requirements which may apply in their jurisdiction.
5.1 Your information held.
Upon request, AlertSec Inc. will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us through the contact details listed on our website, www.alertsec.com/contact
We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
6. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
AlertSec Inc. may share your Personal Information with third parties (or otherwise allow them access to it) only in the following manners and instances:
6.1. Third Party Services:
AlertSec Inc. use a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance the AlertSec Services. These include hosting and server co-location services, encryption support services, data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording and remote access services, performance measurement data optimization and marketing services, and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Service(s)”).
Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to the Personal Information, in its entirety or in part – depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services and business, and may only use it for such purposes.
6.2. Law Enforcement, Legal Requests and Duties:
AlertSec Inc. may disclose or otherwise allow others access to your Personal Information pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, legal proceedings, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you.
6.3 AlertSec Inc. Subsidiaries and Affiliated Companies:
For the avoidance of doubt, AlertSec Inc. may share your Personal Information in manners other than as described above, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so.
AlertSec Inc, together with its marketing, analytics and technology partners, uses certain monitoring and tracking technologies (such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags and scripts). These technologies are used in order to maintain, provide and improve our Services on an ongoing basis, and in order to provide our Visitors, our Users with a better experience. For example, thanks to these technologies, we are able to better secure our Services, to identify technical issues, and to monitor and improve the overall performance of our Services.
Cookies: In order for some of these technologies to work properly, a small data file (“cookie”) must be downloaded and stored on your device. By default, we use several persistent cookies for purposes of session and user authentication, security, keeping the User’s preferences, connection stability, monitoring performance of our services and marketing campaigns, and generally providing and improving our Services.
If you want to delete or block any cookies, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at www.aboutcookie.org (note that this website is not provided by AlertSec Inc. and we therefore cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness or availability). Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
Clear Gifs: We and certain Third Party Services may employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), which enables them and us to improve our Services by measuring their effectiveness and performance. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, however unlike cookies these are not stored on your device, but are instead embedded within our Services.
HTML5: We may also employ certain tracking technologies known as “HTML5”.
Behavioural Targeting/Re-Targeting: Other Third Party Services and ad networks may display advertising on their Websites. Such parties may use certain tracking technologies to collect certain information about your activities on the AlertSec website and then provide you with targeted advertising based on your interests and preferences. You may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from certain advertisers and ad networks by visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ (or if you are located in the European Union go to http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Please note that this does not opt you out of receiving any advertising.
User Data Supplementation: If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
“Do Not Track” Signals: Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application.
8. Communications from AlertSec Inc.
8.1. Promotional Messages:
By subscribing to any Services (including to any of our newsletters, blogs, social media accounts or public events) and providing AlertSec Inc. with your e-mail address or any other contact information (such as your phone number or social media handle), you expressly agree to receive promotional content, messages or calls from AlertSec Inc. or our partners (acting on AlertSec Inc. ’s behalf) through such means.
If you wish not to receive such promotional messages or calls, you may notify AlertSec Inc. at any time or follow the “unsubscribe” or STOP instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
8.2. Service and Billing Messages:
AlertSec Inc. may also contact you with important information regarding our Services, or your use thereof.
For example, we may send you a notice (through any of the means available to us) if a certain Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance; reply to your support ticket or e-mail; send you reminders or warnings regarding upcoming or late payments for your current or upcoming subscriptions; forward abuse complaints regarding your User Website; or notify you of material changes in our Services.
You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such Service and Billing Messages.
9. Accessing Your Personal Information
AlertSec Inc. will NEVER disclose your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Note that you may correct, update or remove certain parts of Personal Information yourself, or completely deactivate your Account, through your Web Account, or by contacting our helpdesk.
You may also send us an e-mail, and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with any applicable law.
10. Data Retention
We may retain your Personal Information for as long as your User Account is active or as otherwise needed to provide you with our Services. We may continue to retain such Personal Information even after you deactivate your User Account and/or cease to use any particular Services, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding our Users, to assist with data recovery, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
AlertSec Inc. has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to all areas on our Services; the transmission of sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) through our designated purchase forms is protected by an industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connection; and we regularly maintain a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification. We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly seek new ways and Third Party Services for further enhancing the security of our Services and protection of our Visitors’ and Users’ privacy.
However – regardless of the measures and efforts taken by AlertSec Inc, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information, Information you upload or otherwise share with AlertSec Inc. or anyone else.
We therefore encourage you to enable our 2-factor authentication system for your User Account and avoid providing us with any sensitive information which you believe its disclosure could cause you substantial or irreparable harm.
Furthermore, because certain areas on our Services may be less secure than others, and since e-mail and instant messaging are not recognized as secure forms of communications, we request and encourage you not to share any Personal Information or passwords on any of these areas or via any of these methods.
If you have any questions regarding the security of our Services, you are more than welcome to contact us at email@example.com
12. Public Forums and User Content
Our Services offer publicly accessible blogs and communities. Be aware that any information you provide in any such areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blogs, communities or forums, feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information from such areas. For example, if you use a third-party application to post a comment (e.g., the Facebook social plugin application) while logged in to your related profile with such third party, you will need to login into such application or contact its provider if you want to have the Personal Information you posted through it removed.
In any event, we recommend that you do not post any information (or use any posting means to post information) you would not want to be made public on these areas.
14. Contacting Us
You may also contact us by post, using any of the addresses listed on our website www.alertsec.com/contact